We are as concerned about collecting personal information as you are. With this document, we want to offer transparency about what information we collect and what it is used for. It can be summarized in two simple bullet points:
- We do not collect any personal information whatsoever
- We collect some anonymized information in order to improve Letteral’s dictionaries and gameplay. This information is securely stored on our servers.
By using Lettral, you agree to the collection and use of data as described in this policy. In general, we collect two types of information:
- Unknown words: When you try to submit words that are not in Letteral’s dictionary, these words will eventually be uploaded to our servers. We do this in order to, over time, improve the dictionaries by manually looking through the most common unrecognized words and, if appropriate, adding them to the dictionary.
- Usage information: In order to better understand our players and to improve Letteral’s gameplay, we collect some information on how the app is used. For example, we want to know which languages are the most popular ones, what the average scores are at the end of a game or if users prefer to play online or locally.
For both types of information, we ensure the following:
- Anonymization: All data is anonymized on the device. We neither store nor transmit any personal information.
- Usage and sharing: The information is only used for the stated purpose of improving Letteral. The data will never be shared with any third party.
- Security: The data stored on backend systems, provided by Amazon Web Services, one of the market leaders in this area. While 100% security can never be guaranteed, we do everything we can to keep the data safe.
There are a few more topics, related to handling personal data, we want to touch:
- Support: If you contact us for support, the information we receive from you (e.g. your email address) will only be used for the purpose of this single support request.
- Third Party Advertising: Just as you, we need to pay our bills. Thus, Letteral’s monetization model is partly based on advertising. Our advertising partners are ironSource, Unity Ads, Chartboost and AppLovin. Please check out their policies for further information. If you want to prevent advertisement companies from tracking you, check out this article.